Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Chili-Lime Guacamole Mac + RISE bar

Hello lovely readers! We've been receiving some great stuff to review lately including these RISE bars which is the old pranabar "reinvented", hope you don't mind all the products. We're kind of nerds that way, we could spend hours browsing the aisles of health food stores. It's the packaging that gets us! Why is health food always in such pretty packaging?... I think they're onto something marketing wise...

I made the most random weirdest dish because I was basically out of normal food and all I had was an avocado, brown rice noodles and limes. So what did I make??...

Chili-Lime Mac!





























I know I know, it's almost like we make an effort to be weird...


It was pretty good! Basically like guacamole mixed into pasta.

For the sauce:

1 large avocado
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tbsp olive oil
Juice of 1 lime
A very generous pinch of salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Whizz up in your blender (I used my magic bullet of course)

Enjoy over some piping hot pasta!

Oh and one more thing, we received a whole package of rise bars in the mail!

What could be inside!




























These are comparable to lara bars except they have more of a texture to them. They are primarily comprised of fruit and nuts with some popped amaranth for extra chewiness.

Lots to choose from!

Our favourite was definitely the coconut-acai and we loved how unique the flavour combos were.

Flickering in close up 





























Order your own box of RISE bars HERE

6 comments:

  1. You're not weird! : ) I just made the exact same thing a day ago! What a coincidence : ) And it tasted super delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The texture of that bar looks wonderful - lots of stuff going on in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avo makes everything better! :)
    I eat avocado pasta pretty often - usually just some sauteed veg (I like either onion & mushroom, or a celery/corn/toasted pepita mixture), which I then toss with my pasta and add a generous amount of cubed avocado. Lots of salt and pepper, and sometimes some chilli end up on top. So, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would have done the same! guacamole pasta! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, that pasta looks delicious! I'm glad I have an avocado to use up. Would lemon work in place of the lime?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh. I need that pasta in my life. Immediately. :)

    ReplyDelete